• 877.217.0979

  • 786.442.0562

  • Se habla español

If you have a mortgage on your home, you should contact your lender as soon as possible. Likewise, you should contact your local post office, utility company, credit card companies, and any other lending institutions you’re dealing with. During times of personal tragedy, companies and agencies are often willing to work with people as long as open and honest communication is maintained. You may even be able to have some payments lowered or deferred until you get back on your feet.

If you lost essential medications in the fire, be sure to contact your physician as soon as possible. If you have children, you will want to notify their schools. Even if you are able to return to your home after it has been inspected and cleaned, your home may be unoccupied for days, weeks, or even months. Contact your local police department to notify them that your home will be vacant.

You will also want to replace any vital documents you lost in the fire as soon as possible. These might include:

  • Your driver’s license
  • Your passport
  • Birth, marriage, and death certificates
  • Money that has been damaged (the Treasury Department will exchange undamaged currency for damaged currency)
  • Bank records
  • Military records
  • Your school records
  • Savings bonds
  • Tax records
  • Your Social Security card
  • Your vehicle registration
  • If applicable, your permanent resident (“green”) card

Finally, you will want to investigate the possibility of receiving help from whatever form of disaster relief, such as the Red Cross, exists in your area. Disaster relief agencies may be able to provide you with temporary shelter, food, water, medication, and other vital resources. Restoration Companies Miramar